Round 1 -- Fifty!
- In the song, Lee drops off the key.
- The film is Sunset Boulevard (of course it is).
- Peanuts finished in 2000.
- Paul McCartney released his first solo album in 1970.
- Tonga was never a colony.
- Apollo 13 was launched on April 11, 1970.
- The first published book in that series is The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe.
Round 2 -- Films
- If Moxy Heller's so fucking smart, how come he's so fucking dead?
- Sex Panther comes from Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy (or just Anchorman).
- If first prize is a Cadillac Eldorado, and third prize is you're fired, then second prize is a set of steak knives (Glengarry Glen Ross).
- The classic buddy film is Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.
- The Cary Grant protagonist is Mr Blandings, from Mr Blandings Builds His Dream House.
- The prison scenes for those films were filmed in Kilmainham Gaol.
- The neat and tidy Meath town is Trim.
Round 3 -- Non-Humans
- Michael Collins owned a Kerry Blue called Convict 224.
- The smallest species of penguin is the little penguin. Also called the blue penguin.
- Bojack Horseman has friends called Princess Carolyn and Mr Peanutbutter.
- Roquefort cheese is made from sheep's milk.
- The 9th-century poem Pangur Bán is about a cat.
- The hirundine family of birds contains swallows, swifts, and martins.
- A "flutter" is a group of butterflies.
Round 4 -- Byrne Family Mythology
- The film is Barry Lyndon (which was in Irish cinemas at the same time as Jaws, hence some poor punter's confusion).
- The Minnesota Vikings wear purple.
- The Scottish actor was Iain Glen. We were, of course, extremely cool and together about it.
- We used to get our bread from Spicers, and the press secretary is Sean Spicer.
- Tommy Tiernan is the comedian in question.
- The full title is Sister Act 2: Back in the Habit.
- Jill Byrne likes Helen Mirren, but she does not like Faye Dunaway.
Round 5 -- Dogs
Those dogs breeds are:
- Tricoloured border collie
- Jack Russell terrier
- Italian spinone
- Crossbreeds! The best kind of dog!
- Dandy Dinmont terriers
- German short-haired pointer
Round 6 -- Geography
- The fictional town is Pawnee, Indiana.
- Postman Pat and the college from Community are both in Greendale.
- Oklahoma is the Sooner State.
- Portugal's highest peak is on Pico, in the Azores.
- The UK town that has a statue of a Martian tripod is Woking, Surrey.
- The bright flash in the sky came from Chernobyl.
- The Irish coffee was invented at Foynes airport in County Limerick. That's where it was invented, that's the place. Not Shannon. Foynes.
Round 7 -- General Knowledge
- Michael Fassbender swam to New York to apologise.
- CC stands for carbon copy, even now.
- Tetris is the second-best-selling paid download game (at time of writing).
- The Tara Brooch is supposed to have been found on Bettystown beach.
- The Corrs have been called sticky, shouty, fiddly, and the man.
- Iron-Eyes Cody was actually Sicilian.
- Immanuel Kant was a real pissant.
Round 8 -- Fill in the Blanks
- Lady Gaga was in the 2018 A Star is Born.
- Henry Cavill took over as Superman in 2016.
- Johnny Depp played Ichabod Crane in 1999.
- Little House on the Prairie was published in 1935.
- The Rime of the Ancient Mariner was published in 1798.
- Destiny's Child are Kelly, Michelle, and Beyoncé.
- Billy Dee Williams was rebooted as Donald Glover.
Round 9 -- Mash-Ups
- Croke Park Chan-Wook
- Rio Ferdinand
- As-Da Da Da
- Jason Alexander Hamilton
- Clon-Mel Giedroyc
- Johnny Logan's Run